Monday, November 30, 2009

Everything is happening so fast ....




Everything is happening so fast! Fly into KLIA; took a train to IPOH. Spend some time with mum, dad and sister. Rested. Drove back to KL and met my manager. Told me about me about the scheduled interview tomorrow.

Slept. 7am in the morning. Breakfast. Hair and Make-up guys came at 830am. The hair stylist Nick Hew happened to my brother Jammond ex colleague back in IPOH and the make-up artiste Sue was an old friend. It's so good to be among friends.

1045am - Got ready and dressed for my first interview with the malaysian press - NST.

I am happy. I wanted so much to be interviewed here. So far all the interviews were done in Singapore. I am excited but nervous.

11am - No one came. My manager called and realised that the journalist had the time wrong. He is coming at 12 noon instead.

12 noon - Mr Dennis Chua from NST came. He was very nice. Congratulated me for getting the role of Rose Chan and we started to talk. Then came the photographer from Sin Chew. We took pictures at the Sky lounge of Hotel Maya.

Chatted with the photographer then came Hwee Chen the journo from Sin Chew. Nice. Very Nice. We chatted and very soon she has to leave. Have a quick bite.

Then from The Sun; Bissme came. I was a little exhausted. He was super nice. He asked me lots of exciting questions but somehow I guess I was too tired. I lost it. I know cause I can see that on the face of my manager.

At the end of the interview, I were asked to make up a sentence with a word from him - like Love, lust, marriage etc. I ended up explaining those words instead. Getting it all wrong without realising it. He continue to ask me questions as if there is nothing wrong.

He then asked me the simplest question about the kind of boyfriend I like. CHINESE I said. What was actually on my mind was the comparison of my ex boyfriend and my present one. My ex was a ABC wanna be. Studied overseas though Chinese but refuses to speak in Chinese. My present boyfriend a Taiwanese. Grow up in the US and back in Taiwan but speaks fluent Mandarin. I really hope my boyfriend is someone who can communicate with my folks. They can only speaks Chinese. If he happens to be a Indian, Malay or Caucasian then that's different.

As I said before. I am really not very good in interview. I think better writing this blog.

I finally realised that the malaysian press is very kind to me. When my manager told me that the next interview with The Edge has to be re-schedule. I were more than just glad.

Now I just have to wait and see what they really think of me :) Look out for the articles in NST, The Sun and Sin Chew in the coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment