Monday, November 16, 2009

Keeping it Real!

Did you get a copy of 8 days this week? Thanks Wang for her encouragement. Thank you for writing this letter. Truly; I was just trying to be myself.

My manger called me when my cover story for 8 days came out last week. "My sister said that you looked great on the cover but you came across stupid in the interview." I read and was sad how the story was presented but I realized that every journo has a right to form his/her perception but I do think the media plays a very important role to form that perception.

I don’t not know how to put it in simpler term. Sometime it takes just an interview to put an aspiring artiste down. Think of the effort of the many people and money put together in a movie or just a music CD/album

It just take a stroke of words – bad production, thrash it , don’t watch it, etc ….. these words may cause many readers or listerners to not go watch the movie or buy the CD.

Maybe it’s just not the genre or style that journo hence it doesn’t mean it’s no good enough for others.

Like my mum always say – “if you don’t have anything nice to say; don’t say. Then again...who am I to say. I am just a newbie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment