Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My encounter with a python


check this link - http://www.divaasia.com/article/5977
http://www.dailychilli.com/buzz/730-christy-yow-plays-with-python

If you have read my earlier reports; I am terrified by the mentioned of snakes. Yes, since young while watching the National Geographic I told myself that I will never go near this creature. As they say - Never say never.

When I first auctioned for the role of Rose Chan, director Eric Khoo show me some picture of Rose Chan performing with a python. I was scared and asked if I have to do that. Yes! said Eric. I almost turn down the role as I cannot imagine how I am going to handle that and I left with this thought that I may not even get the role.

Weeks ago while talking to Ling from Fly Entertainment; she mentioned that model/actress Michelle Goh did a magzine cover with a python long ago and it's not that scary. Immediately my manager asked if she got the contact and if I can meet the owner. After a few calls Ling told us that the owner of that python no longer contactable.

The next day, Ling called and said that she had found another python owner. The owner Yussof had an encounter with Rose Chan when he was 12. I was drawn to him. I wanna meet him and know more about Rose. We met the next day at Fly's office.
Yussof was a nice and easy guy. When we meet that day, d he asked if I have touched or handled any animals that day. Yes. I have play with bebe (my brother's Jacob's dog) this morning. He then asked me to clean myself throughly. Relax - he keep telling me. He probably can see how nervous through my eyes. Yes...I am damn scare lor.

He opened his basket - just look at it he insisited. He introduce the python as Mr Bean. I laughed - Mr Bean?? and continue to listen to him. Just touch it slowly and I did. It feels COLD. After a few minutes he held the python on his neck and before I know it; he put the python over me and I were FROZEN. Deep in my heart; I told myself that only I can help myself to overcome this fear. U thought about all the negative responses from friends about me playing Rose Chan - I told myself - I can't let those who believe in me down - Eric Khoo who has given me this chance; my brother, my manager and friends who were behind me even before I got this role. I need to be very professional.

Slowly but surely, the python got friendly with me and somehow we "got along" :) I sat down with Yussof and he told me of his first encounter with Rose. Rose was a brave woman and she told Yussof that she has a better python and bought him to see it.

The next day, they python was bought to the studio and photographs were taken with it. Now, I have crossed my biggest hurdles and I look forward to many more challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment