Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Roses everywhere





I feel like I am going back in time. I am in Yi Lan 50 mins drive down south from Taipei. It's so beautiful.

Election's posters ( I understand that the State governor election day is around the corner) were everywhere and beautiful scenery of padi fields as we drove down. What a sight! Yi Lan is also known for it's hot spring and it's everywhere even in the apartments and hotels.

I am blessed with a friend who happened to be a tour guide and he asked me what I hope to find and I said -. FOOD of course!
He then brought us to the TRADITIONAL ART MUSEUM in "LAO JIE" ( Old Street) filled with old heritage building. I felt like a child all over again; all the retro candy store (古早味), where they keep the candies in the big glass tub. I don't think we can find them on Singapore or Malaysia anymore. I thought of Rose if she lives thru this era.

Then I found Rose here. hahahha... A Rose lollipop. I also bought myself this little game - Sand bag, or Bean bag?
I wonder if anyone will likes to play bean bags anymore but I used to call myself the 沙包冠军! The champion of the bean bags. Nehh, i wasn't that good, but I really like them. I used to make these bean bags during my primary art classes.
It's simple - Put the beans or rice inside the little cloth, then use thread and needle to sew it together. DONE!! and this is the game that bring back the memory of my younger days with my mom and my sister - everything can be so simple!

The next day we went to visit the biggest plum making factory in Yi Lan. Plum is a known produce of Yi Lan.
My friend's cousin who owns the factory broughtg us round the factory. Though I don't really like plum, but drank the plum juice because the owner told us that it is good for the throat and he claimed that many singers drink this to protect their voice.... OOOH yea, and I have TWO! hahaha... Here comes the KIASU spirit. :P

Well, it was a fun and brand new experience. I have not visited factories since my school trips and I wasn't interested or pay any attention then. Glad I did it now :)

2 comments:

  1. Guess you have a lot of fun down at taipei... going to HongKong next month for vacation.. been there ?? any places that u can suggest probably nice food ... just catch this movie 2012 today.. storyline same like armeggadon just that not all the people die.. john is a fine actor... have u catch that movie ?? guess not as u don't have much time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...I am looking forward to watch this movie too! Frankly, I have never been to Hong Kong but would love to though.

    I am rushing back to Singapore to attend the premiere of "Storm Rider" next week. Aaron Kwok and Ekin will be there :) Looking forward

    ReplyDelete