Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I am Malaysian la ....




I am at Changi Airport waiting for my flight to Taipei. Yes, I need to improve the way I speak in Mandarin. Everyone is laughing at me. I speak with a malaysian accent. What's wrong? I am malaysian ma.

Met a college mate from Malaysia; Pei Min (see photo) who is working here in Changi airport. Asked her if she is being laughed at for having a malaysian accent when speaking mandarin. She stares at me!

This leads me to the fact that the entertainment industry is all about packaging. I need to speak a certain way; look a certain way to be accepted. But I really want to be myself. The comfortable me - the way I am. Can?


Now my manager is sending me back to taipei hoping that the environment can help me speak "properly" or the acceptable accent - the way the industry expects of me - hopefully with a taiwanese tone :)


I have to go. Got a flight to catch

No comments:

Post a Comment