Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's getting cold ...




One of the many things I like about Taipei besides the food is certainly the weather. I get to wear a lot more ... layers after layers during winter. Yes. it's getting cold here in Taipei.and many taiwanese will be starting to take some kind of herbal soup to keep their body warm.

Since I love eating in Taipei ( and I need to put on more weight for the role of Rose Chan) I will be writing a lot about eating here. During winter; herbal soup seems to be the fav food.

小毕, a friend I met her during my acting workshop (She's a great singer!) brought me to one such establishment where many focal celebs will come for their nutritious potion . So I reckon this must be the place to warm myself up while I am here. Check this out - http://www.udd.com.tw/)

The soup is black in color and has a strong alcohol taste ... and yes, they slow cook with alcohol. And it is pretty expensive.

According to my friend that after drinking; some people
1) may get dizzy
2) may get a feeling of throwing out what you just drank
3) may even get a stomach upset. etc etc...

well ... honestly, it was really difficult to drink, but for sake of my health and my friend who bought me there, I forced 2 bowls of this herbal drinks down my throat.

Let's hope this will warm my body and improve my health. I need to make sure I get my body ready to meet Rose :)


No comments:

Post a Comment